Senior citizens, our parents and grandparents, are an invaluable part of our community and our families. We are losing too many of them to more affordable states and we must do what we can to help them remain residents of Connecticut. Furthermore, seniors need to be treated with the dignity and respect that they deserve.
As governor, Joe plans to
- Phase out the estate tax to provide seniors with the peace of mind that they can retire in Connecticut near their family and friends.
- Implement a means tested freeze on local property taxes for seniors.
- Increase means tested aid for utilities for fixed income seniors
- Expand “dial a ride” type services to help protect seniors’ mobility.
- Consider tax incentives for developers of 55 and older communities.